Randwick Art Society regularly displays information of interest to members and visitors to our site.
This menu contains two pages of ‘What’s On’ information:
Members are invited to submit ‘news items’ that may be of interest to members to Randwick Art Society for publication. Email us or visit us at Randwick Literary Society at our Monday morning studio group.
Above: Visitors at the Randwick Art Society 5th Annual Art Craft Exhibition held at Little Bay in March 2014
Exhibiting Opportunities and Studio Space
This section of our website, ‘Art Space’ displays information about opportunities to lease exhibition space and studio space in Sydney. Members are invited to submit ‘news items’ to the Art Society for publication about opportunities to exhibit or lease studio space, that may be of interest to all members. Email us or visit us at the Randwick Literary Society at our Monday morning studio group.
· Chatswood Mall Market Artists and Craft Practitioners Marquee The much-loved Chatswood Mall Market, a weekly feature of the Chatswood CBD, runs every Thursday and Friday throughout the year with 30,000 people using the mall on a daily basis. The Market is combines the ambience of live entertainment with a range of fun and eclectic stalls offering a range of jewellery, fresh produce, homewares and fashion. Add to this the tantalising mix of food stalls with tastes from around the world for your lunch or after dark. Willoughby City Council is inviting artists and craft practitioners to be involved in this weekly market to sell their works and showcase their talents. Council is proposing an Artist marquee that will be held every Friday from 11am – 8pm with 2-3 artists each week. As this is a new initiative of Council, a free trial is being offered to artists from the area. For further information please contact Liam Tannock, Festival & Events Team Phone 9777 7987 Email email@example.com
· Chatswood – Mezze Cafe Members of the Workshop Arts Centre who are also residents of the City of Willoughby are invited to exhibit at the Mezze Café, 31 Victor Street Chatswood. The café is off the Council’s Foyer exhibition space. This popular café is open 7 days a week during the day. The venue is suitable for 3 – 4 2D works. There is no charge for the venue and no commission taken. All enquiries go directly to the artist. A wall text is provided by Cultural services. The exhibition is usually for a 3 week period. Art works need to have D rings and wires. For further information please contact Jacky Talbot, Arts & Cultural Manager ph. 9777 7994 Cultural Services, Community Services Willoughby City Council, PO Box 57, Chatswood 2057.
· Crows Nest POP-SHOP North Sydney Council is inviting expressions of interest from artists and craftspeople to be part of an exciting POP-UP SHOP program in the heart of Crows Nest. Participants do not pay rent however they are required to: Showcase and sell original and/or hand-made creative works; Provide a community arts workshop at least once every four weeks; Be available to mind the retail shop one day per week; Be responsible for promotion advertising, events and workshops. The shops are located at: 2 and 5, 34 – 48 Alexander Street, Crows Nest and open Thursday to Sunday. For more information, Ph. 9936 8100 or visit http://www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au/popup
· Mosman – In.cube8r Gallery in.cube8r® is open to anyone who makes things by hand and for anyone who loves buying one-off unique items. There is no commission on items sold; when an item is sold the artist receives 100% of the retail price. in.cube8r is the original model of this concept and was established early 2007. in.cube8r® has been created to support all things craft, art and handmade inside australia. It is open to anyone Australia-wide who is interested in being represented, local to their stores or interstate. They have purpose built real time software which artists can log into to see their sales, inventory, tax invoices and account details. in.cube8r® runs like a long-term market; this gives its artists and hand crafters the power over display and price. Each gallery is divided up into glass cubicles, shelves, racks and partitions which artists can lease for a small cost, from as little as $21.00 per week over a 3-month period. http://www.incube8r.com.au/
· North Sydney – Changeable Art, North Sydney Community Centre Changeable Art is a dynamic art space open in the North Sydney Community Centre. It works as a public gallery on the second Saturday of each month. The space has given a voice to over 300 artists since its inception in July 2007. The space works as a public gallery without the pressure of a commercial gallery. It’s a program to give emerging and established artists and designers a place to stage their works/designs. Artists have the opportunity to put a professional exhibition together that runs for one day. The collaborative exhibitions and performances at Changeable Art present an arts festival to the local community and beyond. It is also a great place to purchase affordable artworks from highly talented artists. The day includes music and performances in the Civic Park in conjunction with the North Sydney Market. If you would like to exhibit at Changeable Art please contact Kylie on 9922 2299.
· Petersham – Newsagency Gallery is a new art space at 332 Stanmore Rd Petersham being rented for exhibitions. It’s a light filled old newsagency shop front on busy Stanmore Rd, near the Big Breaky Cafe. The gallery is fitted with 18 metres of tracking; there are 30 x 2m hangers and 60 (4kg) picture hooks. There is shelving for medium sized 3D works and artists can include their own exhibition furniture. There is a big garden out the back that can be used for opening night and day time tea partys. It’s a great opportunity for artist friends to pull together a group show. $250 per week minimum 2 weeks. There is no commission on opening night sales. The artist mans the space and pays for opening night and printed invites. Gallery email list available. Open Saturday and Sunday 10am – 5pm. Contact Bess O’Malley 0401 797 746 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.hotbeddesigns.com.au/page13.php
· Willoughby – Ewart Gallery, Workshop Arts Centre The Ewart Gallery is an integral part of the Workshop Arts Centre and holds external exhibitions in a wide range of styles and media as well as showcasing student and teacher work throughout the year. Proposals to exhibit at the Ewart Gallery are accepted at the WAC. The Ewart Gallery has 30 running metres of hanging space with professional lighting and hanging systems. Over many years the WAC has supported arts in the community. Exhibiting at the Ewart Gallery is available at very reasonable rates. For more information visit http://workshoparts.org.au/exhibitions/proposals
· Willoughby – Incinerator Art Space Studio space available in 2012 at the Incinerator Art Space 2 Small Street, Willoughby. $35 per week Bond $155 Contact ph. 9777 7994 or email email@example.com
· Art Space On The Concourse Contact Jacky Talbot for details ph. 9777 7994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Above: Raffle Prizes donated by community sponsors at the Randwick Art Society 5th Annual Art Craft Exhibition held at Little Bay in March 2014